The 2015 European Inventor Award



The award which was started in 2006 is aimed at honoring inventors whose inventions have provided solutions to some of the biggest challenges in our present time.
The tenth edition of this prestigious award hosted in Paris, ended today with various teams and individuals receiving the award in different categories. 
Below is the list of winners, their invention and their category.

1.

Lifetime achievement winner- Andreas Manz

CATEGORY:     Lifetime Achievment
WINNER:          Andreas Manz (Switzerland)
INVENTION:    Microchip-sized analysis system



With this invention, it is now possible to conduct complex scientific analysis quickly and also efficiently little microchips.


2.
Research winner- Ludwick Leibler
CATEGORY:    Research
 WINNER:       Ludwick Leibler (France)
 INVENTION:  Vitrimers – a new class of polymers
An 100% repairable and recyclable plastic suitable for use in different industries.    

3.
SME winner Laura Van `t Veer, Elżbieta Bieńkowska, European Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs and EPO President Benoît Battistelli

 CATEGORY: Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
WINNER:      Laura van 't Veer (Netherlands)
INVENTION: Gene-based breast cancer test
with this, its now easier to offer 'targeted treatment' for breast cancer.

4.
Franz Amtmann and Philippe Maugars
CATEGORY:  Industry
WINNER:     Franz Amtmann (Austria) and Philippe Maugars (France)
INVENTION: Near Field Communication (NFC) technology 
a contact-free, secure technology for data transfer between mobile devices.  

5.
Ian Frazer and Xiao Yi Sun, widow of the late Jian Zhou, on stage

 CATEGORY: Popular prize
 WINNER:     Ian Frazer (Australia) and Jian Zhou (China)
  INVENTION: world's first vaccine against cervical cancer.


 6.   
Akira Koshio and Masako Yudasaka
      CATEGORY: Non-European countries
      WINNER: Sumio Iijima, Akira Koshio and Masako Yudasaka (Japan)
      INVENTION:   Discovery of carbon nanotubes.
It was a previously unknown structural form of carbon  

To find out more about the award visit http://www.epo.org/news-issues/news/2015/20150611.html

 

2 comments :

  1. Nice one.
    I like the idea of the award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete